It is very much important to select the right model, according to the product to be sliced, in order to get the best result and preserve its organoleptic properties.
It is also important to take care of the purchased slicer, trying to keep it in the best conditions.
Starting from instance from the cleaning procedure of a slicer itself, of its blade, of each component. Once the deli, cheese or any other product has been sliced it is actually important to perfectly clean the slicer. Let’s see how to do that.
How to clean a commercial slicer: the steps to follow
So which are the operations to do at the end of each day to keep on having perfect slices?
- First of all it would be a good habit to unplug the machine from the power socket.
- Then it is necessary to remove from the machine itself all the detachable components to be washed and cleaned separately, for example the defector, the blade cover, the plate, and more. After that it is time for cleaning all those parts.
- With some kitchen paper take out , from the machine all the residual product, and only after that procedure, clean with water mixed neutral detergent the whole main frame of the machine using a non-scratch sponge. Rinse carefully and reassemble all the parts that have been washed and cleaned separately.
- Check the operating features of the reassembled parts and the status of the blade edge.
Advices to follow while cleaning a commercial slicer
During the cleaning procedures of the professional slicer , keep in mind the following suggestions : Close the blade every time (remember : it is very sharpened) use a spray to ionize in a solid way all the detergent products, don’t ever use paper towels when the machine is wet . Ask your slicer supplier for a good detergent product.
Finally we recommend to clean often in a very accurate way. That avoids the encrusting of residual food that can be stuck in hidden places. If that happens both the performances of the machine and the slices can be affected.
Before cleaning: how to choose a slicer that lasts over time
Cleaning the slicer is undoubtedly one of the essential operations to maintain the quality of the cuts over time and ensure a long life to the machine. However, in order to maximise these aspects, you should first select a quality commercial slicer. When you choose a commercial slicer, always check these features:
- Use of antirust materials: cleaning a slicer is pointless if the components are rusted or corroded. Rust and scraped parts favour the accumulation of dirt and the proliferation of bacteria and fungi; moreover, they compromise the correct functioning of the machinery and the fluidity of the mechanism. To prevent these problems, choose a commercial slicer made with alloys such as stainless steel, the best against rust.
- Presence of removable components: as we have seen, one of the basic steps to follow when cleaning a slicer is to dismantle it in its basic components. In this way it is possible to wash and clean them one by one, reaching more easily grooves or surfaces otherwise not reachable. When choosing a slicer, check that it can be dismantled for washing.
- Choose the right slicer for the type of product to be sliced: as mentioned in the introduction of the article, an aspect to consider to maximise the life of a slicer is to choose the right machine. Professional slicers are diversified according to the products to be sliced, and each one is optimized for cutting a specific food. Choosing the right slicer allows you to maintain the quality of the sliced products and prevents the wear of the machine.